Hello! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. Once logged in most of the ads will disappear
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porter Wagoner Family member thanks you

Default Porter Wagoner Family member thanks you

I want to introduce myself, I'm Porter Wagoner's daughter Debra Jean.
    I've posted here a few times. I was a regular Hank Rowdy friend on the www.hankjr.com message board years ago. I've been a Hank Williams Jr fan since my childhood. I first recall as a child of 8 yrs old when my Daddy showed me a songbook with a picture of Hank Jr with his Daddy and told me Hank called his son, Bocephus. My interest in learning more about Hank's son began from that songbook picture in the sixties. Through the years I've seen Hank Jr in concert 50 times. I have an almost complete collection of Hanks albums and have continued to buy his music and attend Hank's concerts.

Hank Williams Jr when He was 14 yrs old was a guest on, The Porter Wagoner TV show. My Dad fished with Hank Jr a few times, I even have a couple of pictures of them catching fish together. Daddy was so excited when He was invited to be in Hank Jr's "All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight" video.

I want to thank hank_williams1 for the RIP and Living_Proof for the picture tributes to my Dad posted here.
    Thank you for the kind things you have said about my Dad.

Randall Hank Williams will always be my favorite entertainer.
    Your Hank friend,
    Debra Jean Wagoner

DJ,
    You probably know me better than anybody on here. I still have all of the Bocephus items that you have sent me throughout the years, and more importantly I've still got the autographed picture that you sent me too. It has been an honor for me in just knowing you!

Jr.

Bonafide Bocephus Fan

Pleasure meeting you DJ. Hiteck
    "I recon so" (Josey Wales)

Blog Entries

My condolences on the passing of your father DJ. I used to sit with my Dad (who has also passed on) and watch Porter's show every week.

If I could rest anywhere it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth. - Davy Crockett

Your dad will be greatly missed and on so many levels. There are just simply no words to explain all that he contributed to country music. His life impacted so many people.

great to meet you DJ. The contributions your father has made to country music is beyond words. I will always remember him as one of the "best" in country music. His memory will live on forever.
    Bocephus55

"Hangovers hurt more than they use to"

www.myspace.com/bocephus55

I watched his show growing up, all the time. Hee Haw, Grand Ole Opry and the Porter Wagoner Show was always on in my house. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Thanks for posting this here DJ.

I remember you well from the old board, but finally nice to really meet you. My condolence's to your family.
    "I know you're going to go out there have sex, you're going to drink, and you're going to gamble. Just think of me in between times" Hank Williams Jr. Jan 27th 2005 Mt. Pleasant Michigan.

Sorry about your Dad DJ, he'll be greatly missed. Hope to see you around more often.

I'd rather climb a tree and drink a beer as stand on the ground and drink lemonade.

buckeye proud hank fan good ol' boy's Avatar
    native of rural northern ohio(thank god i'm not from detroit!!!)

saw your dad few times at the opry. he was a great artist & human. the last several years he was truly one of the few things worth while about the opry. once again very sorry for your loss.